Sunday, November 07, 2004

Cycling

My study buddies are avid cyclists... just now they decided to cycle to cant a to study at 11+pm... and i stupidly agreed to cycle with them using a fren's heavy, dusty and deflated bike left in my room for 1 1/2 yrs.

i was a little shacked out after carrying down 1 1/2 stories to the car park, following which i realised how hard it is to cycle with flat tyres.

CS intended to cycle with me from hall 7, but had to wait for me instead. i had to call QZ to bring a pump from ZZ's place. he was surprisingly fast on getting here, but had to help me adjust an unaligned rear tyre before air could go in.

Once done, 3 of us cycled to cant A, tackling 2 long gentle upslopes. My body now had its revenge on me for feeding it junk food, too much food and depriving it of much needed exercise. 1/2 way up the 1st slope i was panting; 1/2 way up the 2nd slope i was walking.

we rested below the steps leading up to the canteen for 5-10mins: i was out of breath and sweating. after that couldn't really settle down to study. all 3 of us agreed that it wld've been faster if i walked.

lesson learnt: 1) i need to cut down on food and increase exercise. 2) I shdn't cycle.

note to self: say "no thanx", and walk. (applicable for cycling invites and insurance agents.)

No comments: