Sunday, July 13, 2008

Post #301

Currently Playing: Pinch Me by Barenaked Ladies (Bathroom Sessions)


It's Post #301. And after 1.5 mths of not coming in, i've almost forgotten my password.

I hvn't come in coz
a) no time, no energy due to work
b) nothing really, really interesting to write about.

Tonite I finally have some inspiration to write - just returned home from ktv + dinner + card game + anti-climax failed surprise birthday with adsports2 ppl. we had lots of laughs during ktv, poor planning on my part caused us to miss the birthday girl, and she didnt pick up her phone after we went all the way to below her block. lots more laughs when playing cards. and squeezing in the car was part of the fun.

But it's not the events of the evening I want to talk about. It's about how far we've come. We got together, what - 6 years ago? and when we come together, 3 times a year? everything comes back - the jokes, the chemistry, the friendship, all the good stuff. I guess maybe it's best to keep expectations away, and enjoy what you have already.

How far we've come. or to be more precise, how far i've come. in terms of material-wise, from a poor student who had a poor sense of money, to earning a comfortable amount and very aware of that difference betw kopitiam and starbucks is a whopping $4.50. maybe compared to certain groups of frens, i'm not earning as much. but i've happened to meet others who are seriously stuck in a career rut and faring poorly. so i'll consider myself doing ok.

That said, how far I've come in terms of outlook as well. Maybe it due to the comings and goings at work, i realised i've become a bit more zen in my thinking. I'm no longer that reckless, that callous anymore. Now I simply do what I think should be done, treat everyone nicely and help as much as I can without compromising myself. Coz I now know what goes around comes around. If shit happens, no worries - just brush it away and it flows off, like water off a duck's back. Take care of yourself, and the people around you, and the universe will find an equilibrium.

So I think I've grown up a bit more. just a little. And I want to thank all of those who have been around - coz that's where influence comes from. Of course major credit would be due to my parents and my mentor, but everyone chipped in as well.

So, thank you. Now i'm in a better position than in uni (of course), and everything seems ok. healthy finances, good jobs, family healthy and quite content, generally in good health, quite a few close frens, quite a number of frens i can get along and play with, and still wide open spaces ahead of me. considering some of the ppl ard me, I can say that I am blessed. just 1 more blessing and I would be happy, content - someone to love.

just 1 more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

time to change ur "about me"