Friday, January 06, 2006

Good Peepur Got Good Things Happen? No Lor...

Been wanting to blog abt resolutions. But since one of mine is "To Be Less Procrastinating", I think the year's got to a pretty lousy start already.

Another one is "Help Those In Need". helped out a newly orphaned kitten, so i guess that takes care of that resolution. There, I'm done. can strike it off the list liao.

If you must know the details, 2 days ago, I came across it bawling and being bullied by bigger cats. So I took it to a (hopefully) safer place - the school outside my place and tried to let it loose (he kept following me). This evening it came back to my compound, bawling again, maybe for me. So I went down and gave him some milk and kept the neighbourhood bullies away so he could drink in peace. And spent $7.00 on a cab coz misa screamed into the phone "DON'T TELL ME YOU'LL BE LATE AH!!!" (so i didn't tell her lor)

so shd hv good karma rite? WRONG. coming back to my room after my bath, i heard plastic-bag rustling from my bedside, coming from my plastic tissue bag. something struggled inside there, a fleeting glance looked like a lizard to me... thot i'd just leave it alone. then still in the transparent bag, it came out from under a tissue. KNN!! it was a FARKING big ka chuak lor!!!

I hv a confession to make... I am terrified of ka chuaks. yah i know i know... a big boy like me... I can explain. when i was VERY VERY young i kena stung VERY VERY badly by this GIGANTIC flying insect... so registered in my unconscious, which turned into a irrational phobia for large flying insects. Freud would agree with my reason. And some more, ka chuaks DISGUST me... esp the underside... looks farking pukably nasty.

and Farking Hell... this farking one is as big as my hamster lor!!! so i grabbed my bro's large insecticide can and emptied quarter can into the plastic bag, and when it crawled out, at the table, under my bed, behind my bed, beside my bed, beside the table, under the bed again, behind my bed again, behind the table, under my bed under my bed under my bed.

after that i threw up my blanket and pillows to check... nothing. under the bed... nothing. except a box i left under there last week. and lots of dust settling down. of coz i dun dare to check the box lah.

you laugh wat? a lesser person wld hv screamed lor. or at least yelled out cuss words. whole family sleep liao, so i controlled myself so i wun disturb them. although liddat no one will come to my rescue...

now i can only hope that the farker's lifeless body is somewhere below... and he's not waiting til the lights go out and he can crawl around again.

how to sleep liddat? help.
===================================================================
Editor's Note:

After expressing his fears in this entry, Rockie felt he needed to conquer his fears (coz he sleepy liao.) so he got the broom and dustpan from the furthest corner of the kitchen and bravely shifted the Box Under The Bed (with the broom of coz). Poking around nervously, he saw a dark ovoid lump in the semi darkness. Gingerly, using the broom he carefully dragged the lump out: it was the still-struggling vermin. With shaking hands, he missed the dustpan and only got the vermin in on the second try. Holding the dustpan-with-vermin at arm's length, he quickly dumped it into the toilet bowl and slammed "full flush".

The ordeal over, Rockie returned to the room and swept the stray dust back under his bed, and used the broom to shift the box back into original position. He then returned his anti-vermin weapons and rewarded his own bravery with a comforting glass of cold milk.

He will throw away the plastic tissue bag one day, when he finally gets the courage to touch the damn thing.

2 comments:

Alex Wong said...

Hahaha!! Don't worry, we will find ways to help you get over your fear.... hmm... when would be a good time to do it??

Rockie said...

don't try to do anything funny.