Sunday, December 03, 2006

Another Year, Another Medal

I might make this running thing a habit.

6hrs after i first started running, my clothes are still wet. amazing!

oh wait... yah i was caught in the rain on the way back. got a headache after the run... dunno its due to the grotesque tasting berroca or the over exertion. paiseh ally, can't watch the show. and i dunno wat damage my legs went thru... guess i'll know when i go to work tml limping... then my colleagues will ask wat happened to me, and i can show off that i went for stan chart.

hey it was only 10km... but at least i nv stopped. achieved a whimsical comment i made a yr ago (see Dec 05). but it was horrible. I'm starting to like running, but only after i'm done with it.

reached slightly late, wld hv been later if not for my lovely neighbour who drove me and her 2 girls for the fun run. (only the girls went for the fun run, i didn't. really.) started at the back of the pack, and at a fast pace. but when i thot i shd hv run 5km, i saw it was ony 3. dang. with no full bladder like last yr, i didn't hv much motivation to go fast after tt.

the middle is a blur. all i did was to think to myself "don't think, just go." then "OK go" then the treadmill song comes up. waved at cheering ppl to distract myself. spilled 1/2 the paper cup at every water point. choked on a sip of water. it was all guys this time, so nothing much to look at.

really slowed down in the CBD area. picked up a bit now and then, but it was only at the last part, near SCC & the concert hall where i tried to feebly sprint. and this time i kept my head up, in preparation for the army of photographers. last yr i concentrated on running and kept my head down, so all my photos on the website were of the top of my head. dang. just realised i shd hv sucked in my stomach too. (note to self for next yr)

yay. 1st time in my life i ever ran non stop of 10km. but taking the bus wld hv been easier though.

21km next yr? well... no promises. see wat happens until next july.

need to sleep. may update on previous weeks where i missed out - been too busy doing nothing. may not.

No comments: