Sunday, December 30, 2007

Falls Apart

it's one of the songs in Sugar Ray's 14:59 album, with me since 1999. Haven't listened to it for very long, so searched and pulled it out. coz this song seems so apt right now. plus, i like every song in the album, which is rare.

Things are falling apart. At work. in Feb 2007 i found my dream job. Data collection, analysis, presentation n recomendation; project work; and what i produce affects the way the company operates, whether in sg, or other SEA countries. Meaning i'm doing stuff that i like, and it makes a difference. with a nurturing, coaching boss who lives his life in a way i look up to (a rarity), and a caring, capable, chio colleague who made me see fireworks when she smiled.

a short 10 months into this dream job, and its starting to come apart. changes will be happening. it's not fair - i hvn't even had my dream job for 1 year. i was actually aiming for 2 yrs. but then of coz i'm painfully aware that life is never fair.

my boss told me that from now until mid feb, things will be intense. i predict up to march, and am mentally preparing myself for 12 hrs a day everyday for 2 mths. no need to make dinner appointments anymore. maybe weekends too. but no worries. i can handle whatever is thrown at me. bring it on. (haha)

Happy New Year.


===================================================================================
I once told her my reason for 'risky' mountain climbing, diving, backpacking trips: "I want to go close to the edge, so I can see how far the drop is." At that time I didn't know how encompassing that sentence would be.

1 comment:

Alex Wong said...

Well, as long as you are still standing at the edge and not experience the drop... I guess that's fine right? haha

Good luck for your coming months, hope things turn out well for ya. Promotion perhaps? :)