Sunday, December 02, 2007

I Run Because...

...I jog too slowly.

For the 3rd year in a row, I show my distaste at our oh-so-efficient and crowded-beyond-capacity public transport by going on foot what normal people would go by bus or mrt.

and worse - after 10km, i end up barely 500m from where i started. That's futility for you.

And amazingly, I feel good about it, and more so today.

Coz according to the timing at the finish line, i completed 10km in under an hour.

This despite training less than last year prior to the run - i guess it was due to me deciding not to ever put 2 feet on the ground at the same time thru out the 10km.

With very, very few girls to distract me along the route, my mp3 player helped instead.

And I think i'm getting bored of the 10km route. So what's next?

21km? Double the pain? Double the intensity? Double the insanity? Double the futility?

1 comment:

JuzRiDe said...

hey come on let's do the 21km tog next yr... no doubt it's double (actally i think it's more exponential than linear) the pain , intensity and agony... u feel good after that.. especially when u find urself walking more normal than the other runners who went damn fast! haha...