Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Staying Behind

I'll be staying back in sch 1 more semester than the rest of my cohort.

it'll be politically correct to say i wasn't focused on my studies; brutally frank to say i didn't study; analytically observant to say i just wasn't interested in studying engineering. part of the turn-off comes from media: engineers are always potrayed as uncool, boring, technical geeks... and some ppl i meet in this course match their future role to a T. i don't want to be uncool boring and technical. never fails that i ask myself every exam "why am i studying this? will this affect me in any, any way?" that question was the cause of one of the issues in my 1st posting.

anyway, that's that. I'll be staying 1 sem (only, hopefully) with hopefully 5 subjects (if i manage to clear all this sem) and FYP. at 1st i thot wat the heck, no big deal. i'll just hang out with juniors. but i look ard me and realise most of those i'm closest to are leaving! even those who came in earlier for 3 yr courses. now i feel i'm getting left behind. in another 6 mths, they'll be looking for a job or working and earning... i'll still stuck be in here studying. ppl will be moving on.

well.... i'm not particularly upset. disheartened probably. but there's not much i can do is there? LL and clear this ASAP.

note to self: study lah! dun blog so much.... hahah

No comments: