Thursday, April 07, 2005

Taking Responsibility

Currently Blasting: Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me by U2

What is it abt me that make me always kena done a wrong by ppl who are totally unaffected by their actions?

todae, the 1st time i attend 460 lecture, some guy has to walk over and spill my cup of hot coffee all over my pants. i wasn't harmed in any way, but my pants were totally soaked in brown liquid. not a sight i wld want to move around in. so i let off a "cheebye" loud enuff for most of the LT to hear. all the guy could do is apologise and offer me 1/2 a pkt of tissue to clean, wat, 3/4 a cup of coffee? oh pls. then he went back into his seat (right in front of me) and proceeded happily with the lecture WITHOUT TURNING ROUND ONCE to check if i was ok, during which all the while i'm wondering wat to do out loud to my fren next to me. i solved the problem by getting ZZ to get my keys and going back to my room to take extra pants. when he delivered i went to toilet to change and came back just in time for the lect to end. and that irresponsible bastard just walked off after looking at the mess on the chair n floor.

let's summarise. bastard spills coffee, ZZ uses 20 mins to get my stuff, i spend 2 hrs cleaning up, washing my clothes, and lost a cup of good coffee while all the while i cld be studying. and now my mood's spoiled thanx to the bastard.

wait a minute... u mean he gets off SCOT FREE after his clumsy ass starts off this chain of events? absolutely rite! fucker! and he didn't hv the sense of responsibility to ask if there was anything he cld do to remedy this situation. just sat happily thru out the lecture and left. bastard!

i'm not faulting him for knocking my coffee over; could happen to anyone. wat pisses me off is he didn't bother to do anything more than offer me a pkt of tissue. after that conveniently ignore me. fucked up upbringing! look, if you did someone a wrong, do wat you can to make it rite! a good example in this case is skipping the lecture to get me a pair of pants. instead, my brudder had to remedy ur clumsy ass actions. think abt the bloody consequences of ur actions u ass!

i earlier said i always kena? yup, i lost my specs to someone supposed to hold it for me during games at the beach, after he claimed he wasn't going into the water. of coz he did... then when searching for my specs in the water he was the one at the shallowest end... dun think he even got his feet wet. later when i asked him straight up whether he was going to pay he said yes. then back from ordering the specs, i had to use my sports goggles (only abt 80% power) to eat, etc.. while he just sat one corner and avoided me the rest of the nite.

he didn't pay full amt but that's ok. i'm not even faulting him for losing my specs since he came out with $200. wat he shd hv done more is to show more effort in looking for something he lost. and making sure i'm ok wearing dark 80% power goggles at nite.

look... when u do someone a wrong, take responsibility: do remedy actions and make sure the person is ok. do so few ppl in the world realise simple responsibility? after these incidents hv happened to me, you can be sure that i'll do the right thing if i do someone a wrong. but this also means the next time someone does me a wrong and refuse to take proper responsibility, i not going to hold my tongue anymore. Watch Out!

note to self: make rite wat i do wrong; do the rite thing when wronged, and lash out.

No comments: