Monday, April 18, 2005

When I Grow Up...

Currently Playing: Elevation by U2

just a quick entry, in midst of exams. one this morning, one tml morning.

stumbled upon someone's personal blog just now. a former air stewardess, former newspaper journalist, also a scropio, has own website, looks chio, intellectual, and only 28 yrs old!

got me thinking. Who do I really want to be?

I guess rite now my dream job would be a freelance travel photojournalist who gets by selling great photos and travel (humour?) articles to magazines and newspapers, while moonlighting at nite as a violin-playing busker; using the money earned to further travel, ending it all with a book abt my travels. For extra cash I could do small jobs on a farm or as a waiter, etc...

Wonderfully romantic isn't it? unfortunately that wld mean i'd hv to be commitment free... which unfortunately am not. too attached to family. plus my photo taking and writing skills aren't that great, plus i dunno how to play violin.

coz all my life i've been busy pursuing quick gratification... playing when i want to play, eating when i want to eat, etc. of course studies get in the way somewhat as well. a quarter of a century wasted just liddat...

ok i HAVE grown as a person. maybe now is the time to spread my wings and take flight. hahha sounds corny. but everyone's going to get a office job, earn money, etc. do i want that? wat abt my dreams?

oh well... maybe an office job isn't so bad. i could work hard and learn enuff experience to venture out on my own, be wildly rich and successful after working my butt off. in my old age i'd sell my shares, take the money and go travel round the world taking photos and writing down my experiences, maybe entertain myself and locals with a bit of violin playing. hey that sounds familiar...

Note to Self: Who do I Want to Be?

No comments: