Monday, April 24, 2006

Bus Encounter

3 guys board the bus and sit across the aisle from me. They start talking loudly about TVs so I hear every word of it. Not TV programmes. TVs. Sharp, Sony, Philips, Samsung.

Philips is quite good.

Sharp came up with the technology first, then Sony also used it.

Sharp still better, but not many people buy.

More buy Sony, the brand got history, like Nokia like that. Sharp no history.

I look at them. All 3 are wearing jeans, sport shoes, and neatly tucked-in polo t-shirts, with handphones sticking onto their belts just below the t-shirts, 5pm on a weekday.

Engineers.


I'd jump off a building if I'd ever become one of them.

And after finding out what a sucky engineer I am, the hiring manager would probably go to the roof and jump off too.

Of coz, I wouldn't tell him how high I'd be jumping off. Probably just high enough to break a leg and get 1 mth MC + all hospital fees paid by the company before quitting.

No comments: