Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Presentation Lingo - What They Really Mean

Phrase: "Why didn't you do that?"
Meaning: "You should have done that."

Phrase: "You had 8 months to work on the project. How much time did you spend on learning the software?"
Meaning: "I don't expect you to have another 12 subjects to worry about, or have a life outside this project."

Phrase: "I see you spent a lot of time on simulation."
Meaning: "You were slacking away, weren't you?"

Phrase: "I don't think that is feasible."
Meaning: "Stop trying to smoke me, you young punk."

Phrase: "How can you apply this to manufacturing or logistics?"
Meaning: "I don't see any relevance whatsoever to this entire project."

Phrase: "You must realise the real world is not so ideal, you know?"
Meaning: "Aren't you glad I'm just an academic and don't know any better as well?"

Phrase: "If this was in a real work environment, you'd be in serious trouble."
Meaning: "If I was your boss, I would so fire you on the spot right now."

Phrase: "Why are you doing your presentation now? Four and a half years? This is your final semester?"
Meaning: "I'm wondering if I should be a nasty, evil old man."

Phrase: "All the best." *Smile*
Meaning: "If not for the fact that your sup and I are buddies, you'd be seeing me again in 6 months."

No comments: