Monday, October 31, 2005

Rockie 2 Chinaman 0

"Can you stop picking fights everyday at 830 in the morning???" - sop

Feel so accomplished todae... scored another hit against the evil chinamen of LWN!! before going into the details, a minor detail: the crowd outside the lib doors is growing!! now it's reached the middle of the stairs leading to the lib liao. HORRIBLE. next wk i must bring my camera to sch to take photo, show u guys the horror mug-fest that is ntu.

So once again, i walk into the lib seeing chinamen in front running all over the lib like mice, and no available tables. i plonk myself on a table with four clear folders, and from 2 tables away, the same reaction comes: my frens are coming.

"so where r they?"

"coming in 5 minutes" (this is grammatically correct coz the conversation was in chinese, so now i'm translating)

"well too bad. i was here first, and i'm need to study too."

"dun liddat lah, they are girls..." (does it matter? and wld i care anyway?)

"so...?"

"ok we'll be taking the other three seats while u take one."

"two seats. i hv a fren coming."

"three seats."

"we'll see who comes 1st then."

i hurriedly sms alw to rush down.. but he was at the mercy of the rain and the mrt system. no matter... i settle down and read newspaper. i get back from the toilet and find more papers on the table infringing my space and my bag has been placed on my chair, but no one is there. i push back the papers and replace my bag on the chair next to me.

a while ltr, i go back with a filled water bottle and find 3 chinamen including the orginal one standing ard the table. they sit down after the one next to me asks abt the ownership of my bag and i place it on the floor beside me. "so, taking 2 tables now eh?" i ask the original chinaman. i do not get a reply, nor was i expecting one.

the chinamen open their folders but after a short while, the 2 opposite me get up and leave, but not before the original one takes something from his belongings 2 tables away. aha. i look below the table and see they did not bring their bags with them, only left folders. easy pickings.

alw arrives, but doesn't not settle down as he has a class. after he leaves, chinaman beside me goes to one of the cubicles nearby, takes some stuff and disappears as well. seems like they like to occupy two seats at different locations. their butts too big? or it makes it easier for them to spread butt lice and ring worms and other butt infestations they might hv?

no matter. i decide to hold my ground and stand firm. to change place now wld be to admit defeat. even if i hv to be at such close proximity to these inconsiderate, boorish, smelly, ugly chinamen, i will stay put. and mentally make a note to fark them up if they start their loud "whispering" and intend to educate them on wat whispering is exactly.

time passes but the 3 do not return. coming back from the toilet, i find 3 normal-looking guys settling down on the 3 now-empty places. cld they be mr chinaman's china frens? i ask and find out they are singaporean, and do not know any chinamen. woohoo!! they must hv vacated on their own accord!! SCORE!!!

in the end, i still failed to get alw a seat, later he settle down at the computers. but at least my act of holding my ground let another 3 genuine lib users get a chance to study. but unfortunately, i did not manage confine the chinamen's selfishness... the initial guy found a cubicle and is shuttling back and forth betw the cubicle and his place 2 tables away from me.

nvm... i am encouraged by this success and will continue my efforts in educating these louts. after exams, i'll see wat else i can do... maybe suggest some curbs to be handled by lib staff or maybe get some sch newspaper to do a feature exposing these ugly chinamen.

ok back to studying.

note to self: hold my ground!! i will not be bullied in my own country!!

No comments: