Thursday, October 27, 2005

Teachers Actually DO Have a Life...

Currently Playing: Don't Know Why by Norah Jones

Today's new paper had an article abt a JC GP teacher's blog making fun of her students grammar mistakes in one entry. they put a screen shot of the blog but removed the url. un-smartly enuff, they failed to remove the top most bar where it says "Rockies Ramblings" on top of this screen... so i managed to find that blog anyway.

http://myplaypen.blogspot.com

just read that featured entry and scanned thru the place... GP teacher seems like an OK kinda person... busy with work but active and has some kind of a life. weird... in JC i nv saw teachers anything more than teachers... ppl who made our lives miserable in and out of school, with the rare, rare few giving us real knowledge in GP and econs. hahaha.

anyway. bad news. my fyp sup sent an email inviting me to his place on campus for a deepawali celebration with his family. he started with "dear folks" but my name was the only one on that particular email. ominous.

anyway. actually i wldn't mind going if it could score me brownie pts for fyp and possibly tips for my exam (as suggested by qz and alw) but it occured that i could be the only cheena student there (also gleefully suggested by qz and alw) and i wld stand out like a single green pea in a pack of muruku.

but the real, more terrifying reason for my unwillingness to go is coz it's on deepawali 1st nov itself, 6-9pm, while i hv my QA paper on 2nd nov morning. unless i could bunk in at his place to study, which i dun want to, i'd better not go.

so, how to say no respectfully without jeopardising my fyp and exam? hahahah but i must admit it's really nice of him to invite me. earlier this yr he wld gimme a blank look wondering who the hell i was everytime i stepped into his office. at least now he acknowledges my presence even in class.

OK. enuff abt teachers. gotta cover my quota for the day, and i hvn't even started. and tml got a quiz which i hv only tml to prepare. they still making my life miserable now...

note to self: SS & SS!

No comments: