Thursday, December 15, 2005

Day of Darkness...

Currently Playing: Old Chines Song whose title I have no idea but the lyrics are super tacky by My uncle

Bad day. Woken up late, by a nightmare, and started wondering abt my solo trip. Had my first coffee only at 4.45pm, therefore cranky and uncoordinated. Met my mum after work and got closed on by a lift door operated by some damn cock aunty. Took a nap, woken up by sparodically by:

Dad comes home from work and whistles, Mum opens the door for him.

Dad speaking loudly thru the intercom: "YAH YAH THAT'S MY BROTHER"

Uncle's voice.

Dad's voice.

Suddenly, in my dream about multi storied MRT stations with unending flights of escalators and rumbling trains on every floor, a whiny, nasal voice starts singing a tacky chinese song which sounds very, very old.

I wake up in blurness... the song still being played... and after a long while, i realise it's my uncle! first thot was: did he write that song? u know the kind where only the song writer thinks it's brilliant and oblivious to the agonised faces all around when the song is played? it went something like (translation):

I sent you present... did you get it...
Some presents cannot be seen by eyes
blah blah blah
Presents must treasure....
Else someone else will take it...
blah blah blah

In all honesty, my uncle's a very nice guy. but his nasal singing voice just makes the tacky chinese song worse. needless to say, cannot sleep liao. so here i am recording this day of darkness. everything seems to go wrong somewhere. i hope this is the end of it liao....

2 comments:

Alex Wong said...

eh.... the song I think is this one....

有一份礼物,你受到没有?
眼睛看不到,你心会知道。
这一份礼物,心门外等候,

Can't remember the next verse. :)
But its along the line you described, that the present is prepared for you, and others can't recieve it.

Actually... the song got deeper meaning... your uncle must be preparing for christmas?? heee

Rockie said...

hmm.. maybe. i not sure, my cheena not tt good... but the one i heard has gotta be one of the worst songs ever written... no tune, no rhyme, and sounds like something from the 1950's.

maybe the next charity show shd feature it... let those superstar ppl sing it over and over again until ppl donate the $2million they want... hahahha sure beats hitting vegetables on TV...