Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Digging Up The Past - My Thoughts

With reference to the entry below...

In a way, i am thankful that i was ousted... coz adsports3 had more than its fair share of problems, with alvin's incident being most dreadful. and that main comm was so fractured i'm glad i had no part in it. i'm thankful that i can look at them and think to myself "haha i told u so" and "heng i not associated to u guys at all"

now with adsports being relegated, got ppl wonder if i wld be upset... truth of the matter is, it doesn't matter to me anymore. once they cut me off, i cut them off... i like to return favours. in this incident, i learnt to let go, and totally. since they didn't want me involved, i kept away, with this mindset: if they succeeded, good for them, i hv no part in it, so no credit is mine. if they failed, i wld hv proven my point. in all fairness, kitty & i did try to pass on some of our knowledge... but the 2 yr1s either seemed unprepared to absorb or just couldn't be bothered.

so... wat happens to adsports in odac is little concern to me now... it has been for 2 yrs. becoz i took away wat was most precious and valuable in my 2 yrs there... great frens. something that they cld nv take away from me, esp so after the shabby treatment which left adsports2 disgruntled. despite the lack of contact with adsports1, and despite the occasional hiccups with adsports2, i still love u guys.

and this is the most significant achievement adsports3 failed in... in creating strong bonds among its members. evil, but that gives me an even greater sense of achievement... now i have factual confirmation that kitty & i did a great job.

i took away wat is impt: good frens, plenty of experience, plenty of positive growth, and knowledge that i did wonderfully, to the best of my abilities. i do not bother myself with insignificant ppl or things that happen beyond my control, which will not affect me anyway.

just a couple of shout outs, if they do read this:
kitty: thanx for putting up with my nonsense when we started out, thanx for being an understanding working partner and a helpful fren. just... well... try not to be so negative when i'm trying to help k?
squid: thanx for sticking around for 2 yrs. when u did come around, u made a hell of a difference. just as i hoped. :-) stick around somemore! so i can hv more weird dreams.
zow: try not to be upset... our time was great, but its over liao. it's someone else's show, so let them do it their way... we did things our way too! it might turn out the way they want it, they might be successful in their own right.
lining: apologies for the bo chup attitude during and after that AGM so many yrs ago... didn't mean to be bo chup but i didn't want to care anymore abt an orgn which didn't care abt me. and also knew that time wld reveal how things were... which did. hope u understand now... been wanting to talk to u abt this.
red & lining: i hope i didn't let u down with my way of leading adsports... and leaving it. in all honesty, both comms are different. i think i did an OK job.
adsports2: i hope this is still just the beginning... i will put in effort to make it so.

after everything that happened, why does it still taste so sweet? coz in the end, i was right all along. i may not have done everything right, but at least i did a job anyone wld hv been proud of.

No comments: