Sunday, August 07, 2005

Some Thots Abt Life & Love

Currently Playing: She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5

I have the fortune to have a number of close girl buddies, and the misfortune of some of them being attached to other guys. ;-) (hahaha)

Now and then, they have problems and somehow exercise poor judgement by confiding in me. So thru them, I learn how to treat my future gf. thanx gals...

This entry is not in response to anyone, it is just my personal thots collected recently.

Expectations:
After all that's happened recently... I guess the only thing i can expect from my future gf is that she loves me, and is faithful and true. Maybe she won't appreciate every effort i make but that's probably coz she doesn't see the effort or intent. So i shall endeavour to communicate my thots and feelings to her wherever applicable, and accept when she does the same. Also, appreciate every intent, every effort she makes for me. this way, i don't expect her to understand me automatically always.

Appreciation:
Also, i will endeavour to show appreciation always, in words and actions. Affection as well, just like what i do at home for my parents. Times when we sit down and chat about nothing will be often.

Personal Selves:
We both will hv to understand that in the initial stage, both of us would stick together relentlessly... but there'll come a time when our personal selves would push out again; esp so for me, with my affinity towards freedom, space, independence, individuality, and alone time. She will want them too, so i shall endeavour to understand her personal needs and not swamp her with my own. being together doesn't mean 2 ppl sharing 1 life, but 2 ppl sharing their 2 lives with each other. Also, i will respect who she is, and not try to turn her into someone she is not. if she likes to dig her nose (in private lah, which girl will in public?), go ahead and dig... coz i dig too!! *sings: "she can dig, and i can dig, we can dig together..."

Restrictions:
Restrictions on her going out with guy frens one-on-one? I wldn't want that on me, and similarly dun want to place any on her. coz I believe I will choose someone unflirty, someone who will stay true as long as i don't mess up too badly. So she shall hv my trust. If she does stray, it'll be becoz i hvn't been treating her well or things hv become stale... Thus I will endeavour to stay true and honest, always show affection, and make efforts to keep things fun for the both of us.

I know these might be hard to achieve, and i might not remember to do so all the time... but all these have an underlying principle: Life is short, and there's only one chance. So I want this chance of her's, as well as all my loved ones', to be full of happiness and love, and to let them be who they are. What i can do to get that, i will. No point trying to force her to do things she dun wanna do or be someone she's not... i'll always let her choose, but in doing so i will make my offer of choice the best one. (a bit like economics... hahha)

Coz like what those emails always say... if u die, ur company just places an ad in the newspaper the next day to fill your position. but the lives of those who love u, and maybe those u largely ignore coz u see them at home everyday, will be changed forever. Love them, show them you care every chance u get.

And next time, when i intro my gf to you, no need to tell her how lucky she is... coz, she'll know.

She will be loved. :-)

No comments: