Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Late Nite of Serious Thots

Currently Playing: Everybody's Changing by Keane

Late Nites are very conducive for serious thots.

Was reading a gd fren's blog, where she questioned the certainty of marriage and asked, "what is your greatest happiness?"

Well... but why is marriage such a happy thing? why everyone wants it? Coz it is a symbol of hope... The hope that you will never be alone again... Where someone will always care for u and love u and share ur life... and gives more hope that the person you depend on will not leave.

I learnt something recently... abt ppl: Hope, but don't Expect.

Inspired by my parents, rite now my greatest happiness wld be to be a wonderful father to my kids, so they grow up to be good, responsible, balanced, happy adults.. and of coz I need a wonderful spouse to help me with that.

Not so long ago, I wanted to be a big big shot like LKY... change the world, make ppl's lives for the better; so after i die, i will live on in history books, govt policies, roads and buildings named after me.

But now I realise the best way to live forever is thru others... thru the ppl you affect the most... and upbringing is the strongest way to affect others... so I want to live after death thru my kids.

And at the same time... I want my parents to live thru me... so I want to know them as ppl... pick up who they are and wat they like... so part of them will always be with me.

To develop and improve myself, is also one of my ultimate goals... but it isn't be my greatest happiness. To have a large hand in developing someone else, and to develop them well, is.

No comments: