Thursday, September 22, 2005

Observations of Progress

Currently Playing: The Banana Song by dunnowho on Gold 90FM

you guys know that song? that goes:
"6 foot, 7 foot, 8 foot BUNCH!
Daylight come and we wanna go home" and
"A beautiful bunch, a ripe banana!
Daylight come and we wanna go home"
*repeat 537 times

My bro and I have acquired many of my dad's traits, including regularly listening to music; but we both took a different view... My dad listens to the music of his time - I, taking the concept, listen to the music of MY time. OTOH my bro, taking it wholesale, listens to the music of MY DAD's time. therefore every morning on the way to school I'm forced to listen to songs that are as old as my dad from the car radio. And all the presets are my bro's. anything more up-to-date than Class95 needs to be un-up-to-date-ly manually adjusted to.

Anyway. was thinking aren't we fortunate MTV didn't exist at that time? imagine the music video to THAT song. bunch of jamaicans swaying with bunch of bananas. esp the "6 foot 7 foot 8 foot BUNCH!" part. bananas all over the place. wld probably be almost as bad as the "baby got back" music video with veges all over the place.

Another hilarious music video wld be the song that goes
"my grandma and your grandma
sitting by the fire
my grandma says to your grandma
i'm going to set ur flat on fire"
imagine 2 old, toothless, hunchbacked, half blind, frail little women carrying cans of kerosene and struggling with lighters to set each others place on fire... just idiotic. hahahha

yup... the right progress at the rite time is good. too soon and results cld be horrendous.

but then, sometimes progress doesn't make things easier. SG progress so much, now literacy rates can't be higher. unfortunately, that translates to long, long queues for the Today newspaper... everyone from old old uncles to white collar to blue collar to no collar (me lah) all queueing up... almost as bad as 179 queue liao.

or isit coz free stuff, so everyone just take? for me, i usually read cover to cover over breakfast and at boring lectures. but some of these uncles, they will read meh? or liddat they no need to spend money to wrap their fish from the pasar? hahhaha ok ok... stereotyping... they probably read cover to cover too, over coffee at nearby kopitiam... that's how they all spend the entire day anyway... hahahaha

ok. enuff of nonsensical thots. time to study!

yeah rite. hahahhah

2 comments:

Alex Wong said...

Thought you listen to class 95 one? some of those songs are classic leh....

"My Grandma and your Grandpa
sitting by the fire.... la la la lala la la.... "

I actually thought this one was very fun and catchy... :)

Rockie said...

2nd paragraph... "...every morning on the way to school I'm forced to listen to songs that are as old as my dad from the car radio."